Oliver’s Garden is inspired by the beauty of our surroundings in Nova Scotia as well as our own small flock of four: Oliver, our Congo African Grey; Sassy, our Red-sided Eclectus; Fagan the Quaker; and our matriarch love bird, l’il Cin.
We like to think our flock is one of the hardest working in the business: they, and our extended family of toy testers, check each of our toys for safety, fun, and durability. We know your birds will love our toys, but so will you, as we put safety first. All toys are hand crafted and assembled in a 100% bird-free environment.
We believe we use only the safest parts available including:
- 100% cotton rope which we hand dye with FDA approved dyes
- Softwood parts in our own original designs, manufactured from our own locally grown and milled pine.
- Stainless steel rods
- Nickel plated hardware which can be changed to all stainless steel (email for info).
- No zinc parts anywhere, ever!
- Natural woods are harvested on site or purchased locally from trusted sources. These woods, including willow, dogwood, magnolia, apple, and birch are slowly seasoned to perfection.
Although we do our utmost to produce safe toys please supervise your birds and inspect toys on a regular basis for wear. Look for and clip loose threads regularly and replace toys that are worn.
Oliver’s Garden is proud to offer our original line of bird toys and rope products. Browse through our site to find our unique collection of handcrafted toys, crawlers, swings, boings, and more—all expertly crafted right here in Nova Scotia.